Monday, April 25, 2016

Dental Sedation ANNOUNCEMENT

15.45 Monday 25th April 2016.

I have just this afternoon been made aware of a letter sent out to dentists by the Depts. of Health for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

It is a damning condemnation of the IACSD report published almost exactly 12 months ago and which stopped me delivering my courses between April and December 2015.

The IACSD then went on to accept my application later in 2015 to became accredited to deliver sedation training following their guidelines. That I achieved in December 2015.

I have written today to Prof. Richard Ibbetson, Chair of IACSD, Neil Sutcliffe, their administration person with whom I exchanged a large number of e-mails during 2015, copying in also David Craig, IACSD committee member representing DSTG, Mary Clarke current president of  DSTG (The Dental Sedation Teacher's Group) and Dental Protection too.

The reply to my letter is likely to impact the teaching of dental conscious sedation in the immediate future and the requirements for those new to sedation techniques.

Richard Charon BDS







No comments: